My Minions

Monday, March 11, 2013

Swatch: Scofflaw Varnish Flotsam & Jetsam


Another Scofflaw polish???

You read that right! I have 3 new polishes to show you and this is one of them. It's called "Flotsam & Jetsam". Now, as you know the names of Scofflaw polishes are always amusing and have interesting background, so I looked it up and apparently, Flotsam & Jetsam is some kind of wreckage of a ship or cargo.
According to Scofflaw site,
"Flotsam is floating wreckage of a ship or its cargo. Jetsam is part of a ship, its equipment, or its cargo that is purposefully cast overboard or jettisoned to lighten the load in time of distress"
But I also found out that Flotsam & Jetsam is also a name of a chapter in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Tower book...which is kind of awesome. I'm a sucker for anything Tolkiens so this info kinds of floats my boat (HA!)
So Flotsam & Jetsam is a minty polish with a green shimmer, teal, purple holos and shred glitters.
Now, I always like mint polishes but shredded glitter terrifies me so I usually stay away from it...however something about Flotsam & Jetsam really takes my breath away. The shreds are actually very easy to manage, they don't stick up or poke around messily...and the glimmering teal are so nice against purple and the lighter mint of a base. It's gorgeous yet topsy-turvy...........like a beautiful chaos :)
 
Hey, they do look somewhat like a wreckage, now...don't they?

So far there is not a single polish from Scofflaw I do not like...........and this is BAD because I might end up buying the rest of her collection uh ohhhh /broke

Anyway they're planning to restock the whole store on March 17th so make sure you'll be there for the emotional turmoil that is "Trying to buy things on Etsy without getting cart-jacked". I know I will.

0 comments: