My Minions

Friday, March 15, 2013

Swatch: Jindie Nails Barney Blew Up

Hello lovely readers!


I noticed I've gained several new followers over the past week so I'd like to take a second to greet you all and say HAY GURL HAY to everyone who's new (and my old readers who, God knows why, still reads my blog lol :P Bless your hearts!)

Today I've got a super interesting indie polish from Jindie Nails. I've been awful on updating my stash count and sharing them to you because there are plenty of polishes from Jindie that I've acquired since months ago in multiple occasions (aka impulse buys), I even have the ones with their old bottles. Never got around to swatch them, all I've done is collect, collect, collect.

HOARDER ALERT.

Anyway, let's just say this polish would be the start of my Jindie nail polish collection swatches and I can't find a better polish to use than Barney Blew Up.

No, not THAT Barney, although...how awesome is Neil Patrick Harris?
The answer is: LEGEN-wait for it-DARY! Shame of you if you don't know this one.

Barney Blew Up refers to this Barney,
hmm..yea..i don't think this one is the right pic either, but you catch my drift...

From Jindie Nails description:
"The base is a lilac crelly with a little lavender shimmer. Added to that are magenta, lavender and mauve metallic squares and hex, matte white hearts and hex, large and medium neon purple and neon green transparent hex."
Jindie Nails - Barney Blew Up
Isn't it a beauty? I personally adore the lilac & green combo, it's very unexpected!
It's also choke full of glitters and can get very crowded if you're not careful. 
I'd suggest wearing "undies" (the polish, not you ...well, you too but it's irrelevant) prior to application.
I used Sinful Colors "Sweet Tooth", which has similar lilac tone.
There are heart-shape glitters in the mix but they are kind of hard to find and you need to 'fish' them out.
I did find one (on my ring finger) and it felt sorta like winning a lottery when the sucker came out lol
All swatches are 2 coats with Sinful Colors Sweet Tooth (base) Out The Door (top coat)
Close up shot because hot damn!
Mattified with Essie Matte About You 
So if you like this one, head over to Jindie Nails store here or check out their Facebook for restock info & date. Trust me, you DON'T want to miss it because usually they sell like hot potatoes. Is that even a term...hot potatoes??? Whatever, I'm hungry and hot potatoes sound so good right now. Anyway, thanks for reading once again!

Update: Yea ok I just found out it's supposed to be "sell like hotcakes" ... omnomnom that sounds good too : / darn it

2 comments:

UKNailRunner said...

I love this polish.

And what a lovely blog - I just happened here from a random link *follows* :)

Shizznizzle said...

@UKNailRunner: Thank you!!! :D