My Minions

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Product Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


I got interested in this product after seeing many swatches and the idea of wearing a matte lip gloss. I love my lipstick and wear them much more often than lip gloss...and the reason being was because I hate the sticky feeling on my lips that most lip glosses give.

The colors that I picked up were Antwerp and Abu Dhabi. The tubes are smaller than NYX Mega Shine lip gloss, if you have those as reference, and they have doe foot applicators. This is random but I love how the cap feels, it's kind of matte and gives a sleek feeling lol

What I like about it, is that it's SUPER PIGMENTED. If I can describe this product, it's like a love child of a matte lipstick and a lip gloss, which makes sense considering the name. It applies and spreads out easily and will dry matte on your lips (which I love). The downside is, just like any other matte lip products, that it's quite drying...so make sure you exfoliate and apply lip balm beforehand.

What surprising is, the color stays on my lips for a very long time. It's such a pleasant surprise because no lip gloss I've tried so far would give this effect. I used it during Mardi Gras and that night I was drinking (Mom if you're reading this, I apologize okay EHEHEHE)...and that sucker stayed on until the end of the day. UH-MAY-ZING!

Ok, onto the swatches:

At first I was worried if Antwerp would be too bright on my lips but it turned out to be my favorite because the color is so flattering and I like the way it dries on my lips. This was me after wearing it for probably 4 hours, I kid you not.
 lol excuse the unnecessary groping

I picked up these pretty little things at my ULTA, they sell for around $5 each but that store always have $3.50 off $10 so make sure you do your research before going there.

Thanks for reading!!!

8 comments:

Mirna said...

Love Abu Dhabi color.... Is it nude-like color?

ndoodles said...

Ooh thanks for reviewing these! Been eying them for a while now.

AskMeWhats said...

Both shades look super gorgeous!!! I love how natural it looks on your lips!

Shizznizzle said...

@ Mirna: I wouldn't call it nude as it's more brown on my lips so I guess it's a nude brown? :)

Shizznizzle said...

@ Ndoodles: You're welcome!^^

Shizznizzle said...

@ Nikki: ^_____^ thank you hehe

justltee said...

I love the NYX soft matte lip creams. I have Antwerp too and love it. I have 4 of these. (O_o)

Try using it as a cream blush. They work fantastically as a blush too.

La joie de vivre said...

Love Abu Dhabi color ^_^ Kiss from Italy! http://mssmeraldina.blogspot.com/