So I did this mani not so long ago and decided to post it up for St. Patrick's Day since the colors are appropriate. It's super fun and easy to do, you don't need a lot of tools nor technique. Ok, basically you can do this with any other color family, I chose green because I had this gorgeous mint green polish from Sally Hansen I was itching to use. Hopefully this step by step picture walk through/tutorial would be helpful ^^
What you need:
- 3 creme polishes from the same color family range from light to dark (e.g light blue, sky blue, dark blue)
- 1 glitter polish from the same color family
- Make-up sponge
- After Base Coat, apply your lightest color. I did 1 coat because the polish that I used (SH Extreme Wear: Mint Sorbet) was awesomely opaque, but you may want to do at least 2 coats just to make sure.
- Let it dry, apply the medium color. Now the trick is, you pour a blob of the polish on a sheet of paper, dab the tip of makeup sponge on it and dab the sponge right onto your nail half way down to your tips. Dabbing with a lighter hand would create a nicer and more random spots. I used Essence: Lime Up! btw...
- Repeat the same process but with the darkest color to the lower 3/4 part of your nails that are already covered with the 2nd polish, I used Ulta: The Jungle Look.
- Now for the last step is applying the glitter. It's basically the same thing, you pour the polish on the sheet of paper, dab the sponge and dab it on the nail. This part you should cover the last area you applied your darkest polish. I used Sinful Colors: Call You Later (this one is gorgeous^^!)
So the next time you want to amp up your pretty but boring mani like this
you know what to do to achieve this look :)
Thanks for reading!