My Minions

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Indie Focus: Scofflaw Varnish

Hey loves,

Today I have a haul to show you and it's from Scofflaw Varnish. There was a story behind this brand, I actually have noticed Finch, the owner, since last December before she even opened her store. I saw one of her franken polishes posted on a forum and I just HAD to hunt it down. Finally found her, I expressed my interest in purchasing her polish if she'd make me one.....but to my surprise, she replied saying that she was in the middle of preparing a store! I waited...and waited....and waited some more until finally earlier this month she announced that her store was open for public.

I snatched 3 of her wonderful polishes, including the one I had my eye on for months, and I'm happy to say everything is as impressive as I imagined them to be. Finch said she had tested the polishes individually herself for months prior to the opening, so that she was confident enough to sell them (which was the truth because she made me wait since December lmao). There was another one I wanted but my cart was jacked during checkout so booooo on that, Etsy!

Anyway, here are the 3 I purchased:

David Bowie's Bulge, Cloud Cuckoo, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
The one I've been lemming for was Whiskey Tango Foxtrot..isn't it a beauty?

I've only tried one, which is David Bowie's Bulge /giggles

Here is the explanation from Scofflaw's site:
"This polish is a nod to the iconic Aladdin Sane album cover, with Bowie's face paint translated into a rich, deep coral polish with subtle shimmer. It's accented with matte and holographic teal glitters of various sizes and also features small dark red glitters and a bronze microglitter. It's completely opaque in two or three coats."
WOWZA!

THE SWATCHES!!!

Isn't David Bowie's Bulge awesome? /moar giggles

but seriously, look at that amazingness! I really can't wait to try the other two. The store will restock pretty soon so make sure you check them out here and their Facebook for more sale info, etc.

Thanks for reading!!!

0 comments: