My Minions

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain


Recently Revlon had come out with their new & improved lip stain/balm hybrid shizz which are called Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.

Try say that 3 times.

I noticed people have been saying that this particular line is a dupe of Tarte LipSurgence and Clinique Chubby Sticks but since I've never owned those two products, I can't really say much in that area. However, I'm reviewing these for what they worth and what they claim to be.

Ok, first of all they look like fat crayons, which is cute...and they have this sweet minty candy initial scent. After a while the scent would disappear so if you're not a fan of fragrances on makeup products, don't worry about it. Having said that, actually the scent is not bad at all, you know. I could think of worse fragrances they could have put in there instead of mints.......like bacon or something. I love bacons but I don't want to give people impressions that I eat bacon whenever I apply this stuff, you know what I mean?

Alright, since this post is not about bacon, we should move along.

Does this balm/stain do what they promise to do? Yes and No.

Yes because they do stain my lips and not in a gross way. The stain looks very even on my lips, unlike most of lip stain products out there, and they last quite a while too. No because although this applies like lip balm, they're not the most moisturizing thing ever (still better than Revlon Lip Butters tho). You can always apply Carmex or whatever lip balm you'd like prior to this although that would defeat the purpose now, wouldn't it?

The color that I have is called Lovesick and it is a bright, gorgeous fuchsia pink. This color stains my lips as if I've been eating too much berries.

this how it looks on with heavy hand, the stain would look less fuchsia 

Do I like it? Yes, I quite do...surprisingly. What I like to do as an alternative, is to apply it all over, blot it with tissue so that I would be left with just the stain, and then apply lip glosses over it. I also like to use it as a base for my lipsticks that are too pale to be used on their own.

So far I only have Lovesick but perhaps in the near future I would get two or three more colors.This was $8.99 but I'm pretty sure you can find them cheaper on other places. I found mine at my local Target, not sure if the drugstores here in the island have them yet since we're always 2 weeks behind on pretty much EVERYTHING :'(

Hope that helps!

0 comments: