My Minions

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

OPI New York City Ballet Collection Spring 2012


I don't know about you guys, but I'm always excited about Spring...the season when the flowers start blooming and people start popping allergy medicines. Spring always feels light, happy, and the weather is perfect...it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Remember this movie?
Miss Rhode Island knew what she was talkin' bout...

Anyway, I picked up this lovely collection by OPI because I was feeling the milkiness, the softness, and the subdued vibe from these particular Springy shades. They're called "NYC Ballet" collection, I believe the full collection consists of 6 shades but these are the ones I really had my eyes on. I was lucky to find the "petites" set of them and I have to say I'm really loving these.

Here's the cool part: they are all jellies. 
I'm sure you've seen nail polishes with jelly finish before, and these ones are also sheer and look incredibly fluffy. I will be doing a lot of french manicures with them but on their own, they're also absolutely gorgeous. 

The colors included in this mini set are:
  • My Pointe Exactly - a blue based dusty grey color
  • Don't Touch My Tutu - a fluffy white  marshmallow color
  • Care To Danse? - a milky pink lilac
  • Pirouette My Whistle - a clear jelly with silvery white specks and hexagon glitters

I paint them on my nails according to the order in the box, and they are all 3 coats:
I absolutely dig the "lightweight" feeling they give, it really captures the ballerina essence with their pink tutus and satin pointe shoes...makes me regret quitting ballet at early age : p 

Two shades aren't included are: You Callin' Me A Lyre? and Barre My Soul.  I'm wearing Don't Touch My Tutu! at the moment and they just look so......fluffy.

This collection should be out in stores by now (I picked them out at a beauty supply store) or perhaps early April in some areas. Go check them out!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't touch my tutu looks so pretty!