My Minions

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Product Focus: NAKED Palette

I bought this palette months ago and sort of forgot to review it, life has been pretty interesting since I moved to Florida and for some reason I've always thought I already did review this magical palette. Today when I was doing mass-cleaning on my hard drive, I saw the swatches and almost deleted them. Thankfully my friend Hanmae *HAY GURL HAYYY* made me check my blog and that's when I realized I haven't even mentioned about this palette at all (lol how fail).


Anyway, this palette is made by Urban Decay, and unlike its typical bright, bold and colorful choices that UD has been known for, NAKED Palette offers a wide range of neutral colors that is more school/work-suitable. I literally jumped for joy the first time I heard about the launching of this palette because I've been a fan of the texture of Urban Decay shadows and I do collect their eye shadow palettes. I think it's a really good investment and in the end you're really saving a lot of money by buying the palette (UD Single Eyeshadow costs around $17).

NAKED Palette consists of 12 colors for $48, so you're practically paying $4 a shadow...I mean, hey, NYX single eye shadow costs about the same. 

I have to say that in terms of quality, this palette is amazing. Every single color is very pigmented and the matte ones are buttery soft and easy to blend. The color combination is endless, you can't go wrong with these. If there's a massive tsunami attacking tomorrow and I could only bring one palette to the evacuation camp, this is what I'm gonna bring. I love it so much.

You can see why:

The swatches:
  
Seriously, just look at them. This palette has been my number one choice whenever I just need a simple makeup and also on one of those rough morning when you just want to slap some colors to look alive and don't want to think about it... this is what you need. Nothing else.

Here's how they look applied, honestly I forgot which colors I used but I think it was mostly the mattes (Naked & Buck) and Creed was applied along the lash lines. 
I added Sin on my tearducts to brightens my eyes

As I said, NAKED Palette is perfect for that "I'm not wearing makeup" makeup :) If you want to look effortless, I think it should be effortless and I think I just found the right palette for that.

Thanks for reading, until next time!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, it's a great palette to have

AskMeWhats said...

Dear! I missed you! I love this FOTD and i missed seeing your gorgeous face!!!

Stephanie said...

Such a gorgeous palette

http://cosmeticsshoesandlife.blogspot.com/

Roxy said...

LOVE my naked palette! :) and omg your pics look REALLY good what cam are you using?

Shizznizzle said...

@Sue: ^___________^ I adore it!!!

Shizznizzle said...

@Nikki: awwwwwww thank you :) i miss you too hehehehe

Shizznizzle said...

@Make-up in Minutes: i know! everyone needs one :)

Shizznizzle said...

@Roxy: lmao I have the old Sanyo digicam and the 2nd pic was taken with my iPhone :D