My Minions

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Product Focus: WnW "Heather Silk" Blush

The heaven gate opens and the angels sing. Someone in Wet'n'Wild company must have done something right because I simply can't believe how amazing this drugstore brand has become. I took advantage of 50% off Walgreens last week for WnW, hoping to score some of their new 8 colors eyeshadow palettes or new lines of nail polishes, but apparently my Walgreens doesn't believe in fast-restocking so I was left with the current items.

My eyes landed on this blush, but I wasn't sure if it's worth it....luckily I have a little bit of an impulse buy illness and the "50% off" red tags kinda got me there & then. I bought it, went home, and swatched it on my hand to see how the color goes.

MY GOODNESS.

I fell in love even before reading much further on the internet, that this particular color (Heather Silk), could be a dupe of NARS Mata Hari. I mean, that is just mad awesome.

Heather Silk looks quite intimidating on a pan, it's a matte deep muted pink blush. It also applies like a dream, very well pigmented and the color you see is what you get. Before I continue my blabber, have some pictures to vouch for my words.
 (under the sun)
 (indoor)
(artificial light)

If I have to say something negative about it, I'd probably say that it's a little powdery. But in terms of longevity and pigmentation, cross my heart, this will not disappoint. It comes with an angled blush brush but I don't plan to use it because it looks like this

not that I am a snob or anything lol

This is how it looks applied...I have another FOTD coming soon also wearing the same blush.
 



















It's basically grown to be my favorite and I have been using it a lot since I got it. Another drugstore gem, Wet'n'Wild...good job :D

4 comments:

Pluto Jones said...

Nice! You look fantastic in the final picture - kind of surprising since I've never heard of the brand, but you can't beat those results!

ndoodles said...

WnW is becoming one of my favorite brands - HANDS DOWN!

Neeyuh said...

I've been wanting to try the WnW blushes especially this color! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for the swatches. It looks great on you too! :)

Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

This shade's been tempting me as well... I've just tried their $0.99 Silk lipstick and can't believe how good it is! I find that my local Walgreens had the new display for maybe a couple of days at the beginning of the week and then it disappeared. RiteAid has a wider selection of permanent items, but no LE products :(