Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Background & Buff'd Swatches

Yes, I changed the background ^_^ what do you guys think? I like this one better, I love the bohemian pattern hehehe

Today was pretty cloudy here in Hawaii, been rainy for the last 3 days, it makes me lazy going out of the house LOL So as I told you, Buff'd has a wonderful costumer service and they gave me 6 samples for free, including shipping so today I swatch the foundations. I previously chose:
-Warm: Medium shade with balance yellow & pink undertones.
-Buff: Medium shade with subtle yellow undertones.
-Pecan: Medium shade with pink undertones.
-Toffee: Medium-dark shade with balanced yellow and pink undertones.

that was until I realize I have more yellow than pink in my undertones :( so I knew Warm and Pecan wouldn't work on me...so I asked Jen, Buff'd c.s, if I can sample 2 more, so she sent me:
-Saffron: Medium shade with heavier yellow undertones.
-Caramel: Medium-dark shade with subtle yellow undertones.

Here are the swatches:

No Flash















With Flash















I think Warm and Buff are definitely too light whereas Toffee, Saffron and Caramel matches pretty good. I didn't bother swatching Pecan since it'll be too pink for me. Saffron seems to match the best, don't you guys think? but again, my face sometimes can be funny and I have a feeling Caramel will match my face better. Will do test on my face and update with you guys later :D

toodles for now!

4 comments:

  1. based on the pix, saffron matched you the best, as both with flash and without, it "almost" disappears" into your skin tone :D both warm and buff looks nice at first, but warm has a li'l bit of pinkish tone while buff is a li'l bit of yellowish undertone (both are a bit lighter than your skin tone). I would go for Saffron for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops i need to add up as well, caramel is nice but there will be days it'll look a bit dark for you! hope this helps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Nikki :D

    I agree, Saffron looks the best...but then again, I believe my face is a bit darker than my inner arm...just a little bit, so I guess I have to test those two on my face :D

    Thanx for your suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new page background! I'm in search of new templates too, where did you find this one at?

    That's awesome that Jenn sent you two more samples!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love : )